Current:Home > ScamsChainkeen|John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs -Capitatum
Chainkeen|John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
EchoSense View
Date:2025-04-05 14:16:32
It's been the year of musical chairs in the fashion industry,Chainkeen and now, John Galliano is leaving his longtime home at Maison Margiela.
In an interview with Women's Wear Daily published Wednesday, Galliano confirmed his exit from the French luxury fashion house.
"As we are parting ways with this beautiful house, my heart overflows with joyous gratitude, and my soul smiles so I want to take this time to express it. I continue to atone, and I will never stop dreaming," Galliano told WWD.
He continued: "In inviting me to assume the position of artistic director in the house that Martin (Margiela) built, he gave me the greatest, most precious gift: The opportunity to once again find my creative voice when I had become voiceless."
The comments were made in reference to his infamous 2011 ouster from Christian Dior after a video surfaced of a 2011 rant at a Paris bar, where he made comments considered racist and antisemitic. That year, he was found guilty for two hate crimes. It followed a separate, similar incident at the same bar in 2010 a year earlier.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
But in 2014, Galliano made a career comeback at Margiela.
"Being brave enough to unlearn, to re-educate ourselves from the past – for it is societally learnt – to share, empathize, and practice compassion," he added.
Galliano continued, praising Margiela parent company president Renzo Russo who he said "took a risk" and gave him "a second chance," telling WWD that his hiring "told the fashion industry that it is at its best when we collectively support each other, not judge; when we accept, forgive, and help one another see the error of our ways."
Alessandro Michele named new creativedirector of Valentino after Gucci departure
Earlier this year, ex-Gucci head Alessandro Michele got back in his creative director bag, this time at Valentino, following Pier Paolo Piccioli's exit.
"Maison Valentino is honored to announce today the appointment of Alessandro Michele as Creative Director," the brand announced in a statement shared to social media at the time. "This appointment marks the beginning of a new journey to continue shining unique values of the brand, its heritage and couture codes in the world through Alessandro Michele’s unique perspective and wealth of experience."
Michele called the appointment "an incredible honor," adding, "I feel the immense joy and the huge responsibility to join a Maison de Couture that has the word 'beauty' carved on a collective story, made of distinctive elegance, refinement and extreme grace."
Chanel is also facing a shakeup as fashion onlookers await the naming of a new fashion creative director. WWD reported last month that Matthieu Blazy, the Bottega Veneta creative director, is a frontrunner for the brand's top spot.
Contributing: Brendan Morrow
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (7)
Related
- Jamie Foxx reps say actor was hit in face by a glass at birthday dinner, needed stitches
- Pregnant Stassi Schroeder Is “Sobbing” After Tropical Storm Hilary Floods Baby Nursery
- Alabama Barker Shares Struggle With Thyroid and Autoimmune Disease Amid Comments on Her Weight
- Children's pony rides banned in Paris following animal rights campaign
- Elon Musk's skyrocketing net worth: He's the first person with over $400 billion
- Michael Jackson accusers' sexual abuse lawsuits revived by California appeals court
- Alabama Barker Shares Struggle With Thyroid and Autoimmune Disease Amid Comments on Her Weight
- Weakened Hilary still posing serious threat to Southern California and Southwest
- Taylor Swift makes surprise visit to Kansas City children’s hospital
- Diamondbacks' Tommy Pham gets into argument with fans after 'disrespectful' comments
Ranking
- IRS recovers $4.7 billion in back taxes and braces for cuts with Trump and GOP in power
- Flooding, mudslides, water rescues − and Hilary's destruction not done yet: Live storm updates
- Julie Bowen Weighs In on Sofía Vergara's Single Life After Joe Manganiello Breakup
- Montana asks judge to allow TikTok ban to take effect while legal challenge moves through courts
- Trump invites nearly all federal workers to quit now, get paid through September
- Zelenskyy thanks Denmark for pledging to send F-16s for use against Russia’s invading forces
- Feds charge former oil trader in international bribery scheme involving Mexican officials
- William Byron dominates Watkin Glen for 5th win of 2023; 15 NASCAR playoff berths clinched
Recommendation
Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
Life in a rural ambulance desert means sometimes help isn't on the way
NFL preseason winners, losers: Questions linger for Bryce Young, other rookie quarterbacks
U.S. expands Ukrainian immigration program to 167,000 new potential applicants
Justice Department, Louisville reach deal after probe prompted by Breonna Taylor killing
Immigrant workers’ lives, livelihoods and documents in limbo after the Hawaii fire
Teen Mackenzie Shirilla Sentenced to Up to Life in Prison for Murdering Boyfriend and Friend in Car Crash
Rihanna and A$AP Rocky Welcome Baby No. 2: Get Lifted Up by Their Cutest Family Pics